- VP9 is an open, royalty-free video compression codec developed by Google.
- YouTube videos are compressed with VP9, which consumes only half the bandwidth compared to common codecs. VP9 can play 4K (2160p) videos in addition to FHD.
- Our original computer algorithm “DMNA” is used to achieve high image quality, high speed, small size, and low power consumption.
- Supports the common API for VP codecs (VP8, VP9), so it can be operated by replacing the decoder.
- Optimized for Intel x86 and ARM Cortex-A series (ARMv7, ARMv8)
- Also optimized for other various processors.
||VP9 bit stream
||YCbCr 4:2:0 8 bit planar
||4096 x 2176 30p (max.)
||Supports common APIs of VP Codec (VP8, VP9)
This IP supports both color spaces of YCbCr and YUV.
Click here for a brochure